Day 3 post D&C - and i'm already walking here and there. Climbing up and down the stairs like no one cares. Ok. Hafiz cares. Dan berbuih-buih sudah mulutnya. But how meh? (do not do this at home).
Definition of 'pantang' - Pantang berundur sebelum berjuang. eh.Silap.
BERPANTANG a.k.a CONFINEMENT - refers to a condition where the mommies need to follow the rules of do's and dont's after the baby's delivery (kelahiran) OR after the miscarriage (keguguran). Nenek moyang dulu punya cerita. No wonder la, semua ayat pun ada bermula dengan "orang zaman-zaman dulu cakap...la la". That is why when we ask doctors or other medical staff the term pantang is basically not exist. Apaa pon boleh..apaa pon boleh..ya kaaannn..??
Tapi, kalau tengok bebetul..ada jugak logicnya. Ada la jugak yang macam cool je, macam nk follow je, macam santekkkkkkk jee huk! Tapi kalau da sampai tahap tak boleh lalu bawah ampaian, kalau nak makan ayam kena makan ayam hitam la ginding la tegendong gendong la..dah macam pantang larang pakai susuk pon ade nih! Aku ni beranak ke pakai susuk? Cantiknye tidakk (tibe-tibe confuse).
Oh. Some infos stated that if you had miscarriage when your pregnancy was below 3 months then your confinement period would be lesser and lighter. But if the pregnancy had been 3 months and above so you should follow the rules of the baby's delivery (wah!) The question is : IS IT TRUE?
Ok. Pencerahan oh pencerahan.
Senang cerita. Follow your heart (But it's not easy, i know. It will end up with - follow your momma or grandmomma)
Duration : people said 44 days. Make it even worse 100 days.
- 100 days? HUSBAND do not come any nearer. Continue the do's and dont's + do not have any sexual intercourse with your partner. Fullstop. Ceng ceng.
Ok, medically the uterus (rahim) will shrink due to birth, the cervix and vagina were traumatized due to vaginal birth and same thing happens to caesaerian- section wound. They need their own sweet time to recover and regain their original state. It takes about 4-6 weeks to recover (6 weeks x 7 = 42 days kan?). 100 days - Give it more time. 44 days? OK ler teww...
Foods and supplement : yum yum
- Why there are soo many foods that we need to avoid and the only few that we can take are so NOT DELICIOUS? i conclude : 1) To ensure the breastmilk that the baby consume is SAFE! 2) To make sure the good wound healing post-delivery. Itu je.
- Snakehead fish (ikan haruan) is known to be traditionally healing the wound caused by the vaginal/caesarian birth. Yes. It's clinically proven too! The amino acid and fatty acid content is important in synthesis of collagen fibres during the wound healing. Gamat a.k.a sea cucumber. Their regenerative abilities are proven for wound healing process. Yes, we doctors don't give medication to heal wound after the delivery because they will absolutely heal naturally and the most important is to keep least medication for safe breastfeeding process. Say no to JAUNDICE baby!
But mommies, it will bring no harm to take supplement or trusted home remedies. Discuss with your doctors :)
- Egg, peanuts, wheat , yogurt, ice-cream, cheese : known to have allergen that can cause the breastfeeding baby to have allergic reaction (especially if the family already have the history of allergy)
- Garlic? yawn. Baby will definitely not liking it when the milk tastes like garlic. Yaa kaaann..?
- Fruits: Avoid citrus fruits such as oranges, apples, pineapples - it may irritate the cute stomach and causing diaper rash
- Caffeinated drink : Wo, you won't let your baby to have insomnia and sleepless night yaww.
- Fish : Avoid swordfish. tilefish. It contains high mercury level that can cause gases for the baby's stomach. Make it short, makan je la ikan haruan kome tu ye.
- keep the uterus in place. Avoiding 'jatuh peranakan' ya kannn...?Anyway it's good to bring back your pre-pregnancy shape. Awww...
Walking/Sitting/sleeping position: Up to you la joyah. tak payahla kaki sampai atas muke husband ke, kepale bawah katil. Rare sangat tu. Sopan santun je la. Slow and steady. Why rush? Maternity leave 2 months minimum kan? Yang penting, make yourself comfortable. And i'm sure you will not be as comfortable as before during you first week after the delivery due to some few final uterus contractions you're having (uterus is working hard to regain it's old shape back)
Postnatal massage: No problem. Proceed if you want. It just giving you some extra energy.
Correct me if i'm wrong. I have less experience in this. Seriously.
Finally. Congratulations to all beautiful mommies out there! You've done aaa veryyy great job out there wherever you are. Iznee's so proud of you!